I have seen the 'low tech' light! My original idea for my final UDL project involved making a video, and then using a portable DVD player to show my student a more concise picture of what the instruction was. However, while I was making the video at my house, I had an epiphany, a revelation, on how to make my instructions easier, more fall proof, and lastly, low tech.
Initial Idea for Final Step
Initial Set of Instructions.
PEC Board
Step.11 (which student uses)- Digital picture still (about size of matchbook) depicting a colander filled with salad, running under water. However, because it is a still photograph, it cannot show the desired action of moving the colander from side to side.
PEC of Step.11
Step .11- Place vegetables in "Expanding Colander" and rinse for 10 seconds.
Why?- Because this takes all the problems out of the equation. The design of an expanding colander ensures that all of the vegetables will be saturated with water. In addition, the student will no longer experience difficulties manipulating the colander under the water.

1 comment:
Julio . . . I will be grading the UDC w/in the week and provide feed back by next Thurs.
Post a Comment