Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Chapter 4: What is UDL for learning
Seriously, what is Universal Design for Learning? It makes perfect sense, but I find it very complicated to totally comprehend in a practical sense. To be more specific, how does one make a total UDL environment? In a sense, and quoting directly from the chapter "UDL opens the door for rethinking how we teach". I am not inferring that this is a bad thing, but rather an extremely challenging task. As such, UDL seems like its a state of mind(LOL)and in all honesty, I think its a leap in the right direction, somewhat revolutionary and cool. The chapter used really good analogies and classroom scenarios to illustrate what UDL is all about, hopefully, I'll be a master at it one day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I agree with you in that UDL is a very complicated concept. It will be a challenge to incorporate the fundamental principles of UDL into every classroom environment. I think that this chapter goes far in explaining how the idea originated and the effects upon the learner's brain networks.
Post a Comment